Crime Scene, A Psychic Eye Mystery


I would like to introduce to you a book which I found to be a really good read. It is titled 'Crime Seen', written by Victoria Laurie. This book is the 5th title in her Psychic Eye Mystery series.

The book shown on the left is my copy of her novel. It looks kind of worn out since it's a second hand book. I'm a book lover and I do not like my books to be this old and torn. Hence, I would often prefer to buy myself a new book. But as you can see, I am willing to make an exception in this case. Mainly because I could not find this title over here in Singapore and when I saw this in Korea, I was over the moon. I bought this at 5000 won, which will be about SGD$6.00. It was worth it.

So why this series?
First because it's a thriller, with lots of mystery and a bit of romance. The romance does not take up a large part of the story and that is the way I like my books to be. The story is fast-paced and engaging and it is totally possible that you would be so engrossed in the story that you finish it up in one day.

What is this series about?
This series revolves around a main character, Abby Cooper. She is a professional psychic. (The real psychic and not charlatans that are out to con money. I am definitely impressed by her abilities.) She has lots of clients who books appointments with her for a read. However, as a professional psychic, she sometimes come across things which she felt that she would rather not know. But like a righteous person as she is, she tends to get into trouble trying to get all the bad guys to justice.

Just like in this book where she accidentally tuned in to an FBI file (her boyfriend is an FBI. Totally hot and romantic. And who doesn't like a romantic guy?) about a guy who took the fall for the real killer. She knows the man that was put behind bars now was not the real killer but as she insisted it, her boyfriend told her that the man actually confessed himself. She knows something is not wrong and that there is something much bigger behind this. With her good friend/client/PI, Candice Fusco, both set out to find the evidence that can bring the real killer to justice. 

Both were often found to be stuck in sticky situations and this is what makes the book incredibly interesting.

As mentioned, this is the 5th book in this series. And since this book was published, many others were also published in this series. So here is an updated list of the books in the psychic eye mystery series:
1. Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye
2. Better Read Than Dead
3. A Vision of Murder
4. Killer Insight
5. Crime Seen
6. Death Perception
7. Doom with a View
8. A Glimpse of Evil
9. Vision Impossible
10. Lethal Outlook
11. Deadly Forecast
12. Fatal Fortune
And coming soon in July 2015:
13. Sense of Deception

So as you can see, there are so many books in this series already and I just can't wait to buy them all and read them all in sequence, like a book marathon!

If you love her books like I do, or you prefer to read more about paranormal activities, you can try her Ghost Hunter Mysteries Series! It's equally interesting and just as exciting, with a good mixture of mystery, thriller and romance.

Do check out her Psychic Eye series and Ghost Hunter series!
You will not regret this (at least I know I don't).

P.S. I find it easier to purchase her books if you were staying in America. There are websites like Amazon.com where you can purchase them. However, it is a bit harder over here in Singapore. You can try ordering it online from Kinokuniya online store (this is what I did). However, much of the Victoria Laurie books listed there require a waiting time of up to 2 weeks as they have to order it directly from the publisher. What is a little waiting time for such a good book right? But still, I just can't wait to hold the books in my hands and devour them. Come on! Send me already!
(This is my first time using the Kinokuniya online store so I can't comment much about their service but I hope they are good. I want my books! :P )

Comments

Popular Posts