My (very late) Hobbit craze

Cr:geeksofdoom.com (and a big thank you to Mr Peter Jackson for making this series of awesome movies!)
I know I'm a little slow, talking about The Hobbit movies after much of the hype is over. I've only started to be really crazy about them after watching the second Hobbit movie. It happened when I was bored one day and decided to watch it on Mio TV. I remembered my friend who once asked me: "Who wouldn't like Hobbit?" I've answered: "Me. What's so great about the Hobbit? Gollum looks disgusting." Pardon me all the Gollum fans. He really does appeared scary to me... with that pale looking skin of his. But anyways, little did I know, I've became a Hobbit fan myself. The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug was really nice. And so when the final movie, Battle of Five Armies came out, I was so excited. I've actually watched it twice in the cinemas. Once as the normal digital version, the other as IMAX 3D. I cannot emphasize how awesome is the 3D effect. The characters appeared so much more alive. Just remember all the excitement when you have your first read with a pop-up book, it feels like that. Pop-ups. And they move. So basically, 3D movies are much cooler.
Enough about the cool effects of 3D. What got me really hooked were the fight scenes in these movies. The elegant movements of the elves when they were fighting. They seemed to be a much superior creature in the stories, with really fast reflexes which is advantageous in the fights and all of them looks so damn good. But seriously, you can't have both even if you're an elf. That's greedy!

There are some really funny lines in the movies.
I'm always replaying them.
I've also noticed that Legolas (Orlando Bloom) does not wear much of any armory during the fight scenes. His skill is so good that he never gets hurt (except for in the Battle of the Five Armies, with a cut on his forehead), and his hair never gets messed up even after all that action. That explains why he doesn't need any armors. The enemies basically can't even touch him.

Another thing that I consistently wonder throughout the movies. How long do the elves spend everyday braiding their hair? Those braids are like works of art. Don't their hands get tired trying to braid those? Or do they have other elves help them? I would like to have that kind of nice fancy braids, but my hands get tired real fast. But that might be because I'm only human... They are elves after all.

But anyways, after I watched Battle of the Five Armies in the cinemas, I went home to watch the first Lord of the Rings movie. So basically you can say that I have watched these movies in chronological order, in terms of when these events take place. It gets a bit boring in the middle of the movies though. I felt that the movies could have been shorter, removing some parts which could have been unnecessary. But it is during these long boring parts when I started noticing the background like how nice the backdrop looks and also the details like how nicely braided the elves' hair were. Ok, it seems like I'm really obsessed with their hair but hey! You've got to admit they're nice.

Generally the movies are pretty good. I've watched all of their behind-the-scenes clips on YouTube and also favourite some funny clips. It's likely that I will watch these clips again (while I am still crazy about the Hobbit series), but I will not do a LOTR marathon watch, since it will just end up with me fast-forwarding all the extra parts and then watching the good parts. I'll probably read the books instead. Hope their good!

So, here's an honest trailer for the Hobbit:

Cr: Screen Junkies
OMG, I didn't know Peter Jackson (the director) was in the movie before I watched this!

And here's another clip. Have a great laugh.

Cr: Juan Andres Nunez (for posting this on YouTube)

Comments

Popular Posts