Week 1 Day 1 of training

Yesterday was the first day of my training using my newly downloaded 10K for Pink app. This app is an extension of the famous C25K version. As the name suggests, this app trains you to run for 10km instead of only 5km using the C25K app. But I'm not going to get ahead of myself here as being a couch potato like myself, I shall aim to finish 5km in 30 minutes first before trying to attempt a 10km.

One of my goals in life is to be able to take part in competitive races. In a competitive 5km race before a competitive 10km race. 

I've only took part in 5km fun run so far for fear of finishing last if I were to take part in a competitive race. As you can see, my average speed is so slow! At only 6.33km/h...
Although I can jog at a speed of 7.4km/h on a treadmill, taking only short breaks in between, I realised it's much harder to maintain that speed when jogging outside. According to running forums, they recommend at least 1-2% incline on the treadmill to simulate the ground outside. Maybe I shall try this the next time I visit the gym.

This was actually not a satisfying run for me. Mainly because I could not complete the 8th cycle of run/walk. I had to sit down by the time I finished the 7th cycle because of giddiness and chest tightness. There was also a numb feeling in my chest area.

I would not deny that I am disappointed with my performance but I'll have to try again next time. I'm not sure about what caused my giddiness during my run but I would guess that it's dehydration as I already experienced dry lips before I even start the run. So I'll have to remember to drink more water for my next workout. 
But it's so tasteless! :(

Comments

Popular Posts