Eiffel Tower

The Eiffel Tower can be found in Paris, France. It functions as an observation tower and a radio broadcasting tower.

Construction period: 1887 - 1889
Engineer: Gustave Eiffel (The Eiffel Tower was named after him)
Height: 300.65 m

The Eiffel Tower has 3 levels accessible to visitors. The first and second levels were occupied by restaurants while the third level functions as an observatory platform. Visitors may purchase tickets to ascend by stairs or lift to the first and second floors. The climb from the ground floor to the first takes about 300 steps. This is also the case when climbing from the first to second floor. Access to the third floor is usually by the lift.










The above are the rates for access to the Eiffel Tower as according to the official website. It is advisable to check out the website before visiting the tower. Although the Eiffel Tower is open every single day of the year (regardless of weather!), the opening time varies throughout the seasons.

I have never been to the real Eiffel Tower myself but I would really love to someday. Many who have visited have commented that it is a very romantic place and the view is also rather extraordinary. I would very much want to witness it with my own eyes.

For those who are planning a visit to the Eiffel Tower, you may visit the official website at: http://www.toureiffel.paris/the-magic-of-the-eiffel-tower/educational.html#

As you have seen from my picture of the Eiffel Tower above, it is a paper structure of the building, available for purchase in several places here in Singapore. I would often stand by the shelves, browsing through all these models. However, I could not bring myself to purchase them as they are rather expensive (>$50 SGD). Hence, when I saw them in Bangkok, Thailand, and saw that they actually cost slightly less than $20 SGD, I was over the moon and bought quite a few (9 in total). The fixing part was really fun and easy. No glue is needed and the instructions are also easy to follow. Besides, these structures also make a good ornament when placed on top of your shelf.

So what I wanted to say is, go to the Eiffel Tower if you can. If not, you can buy one of these structures to put up at home. To remind you to save up so you can finally visit the real infrastructure one day. At least this is what I'm going to do.

P.S. I have a lot of other places which I hope I will be able to travel to too. And I also have a lot of these paper structures at home. It's time to save up!

Comments

Popular Posts