Pasir Ris-Punggol NorthEast Compressport Run 2015

This year's NorthEast Compressport Run 2015 was held on 15 March at the newly opened Punggol Waterway. It was an early Sunday morning and runners were already gathered at the field near the Waterway in Punggol. It was great weather for a run.

Being a beginner at running, I was only fit to take up the 5 km challenge. And the run I participated was a Fun Run, so as to ease up on the competitive edge. At least there are people walking in Fun Runs and I would be sure that I would not end up finishing at the end of the pack.

The run for 5 km started at 8 am sharp in the morning and off we went.

The only photo I took during the run (mainly because I forgot to take them until I saw some runners pause to whip out their phones)
There are about 2 bridges to cross along the whole journey of 5 km, and in total 3 different inclines/slopes that we had to climb to finish the race. It's something different and not just flat roads throughout, but I'm pretty sure that these are the places that wipe out much of my energy.

Summary of my run using a Nike+ running app.
Summary of my run using Endomondo running app.
 Both apps actually showed different statistics. Even the distance recorded is different, which got me really confused as to which app to trust. But the reason as to why Nike+ recorded a longer time is because I started the app sooner (before crossing the starting point) than the Endomondo app (start at the time I cross the line).

So I'll just round it up to say that I take about 46 mins to finish a 5 km run. (which is very slow actually. I'm still training for a timing of 30 mins)

But nonetheless, I still got my finisher medal which looks super nice and is now sitting beautifully on my shelf along with my other medals.

They actually gave out half a medal during the race pack collection and the other half (the middle piece) after you finish your run. I thought it was really creative of them!


So this is my 4th 5 km race and I am hoping that maybe one day I will be able to participate in a competitive 5 km run and eventually a 10 km run.

Cheers to many more running days to come!

Comments

Popular Posts