Pocari Sweat Run'15

Hi guys! I know the Pocari Sweat Run'15 was over some time ago, 12 July to be exact, but I've been really busy this time and now I finally am free to give a review of this run!


The above are the items in the race pack which I collected from Velocity. The race pack collection was rather fast in my opinion despite there being a very long queue. I didn't have to wait long and therefore, kudos to those volunteers!
There's however not much freebies in the pack though. I expected at least a bottle of Pocari Sweat drink!  But there's just a bar of SoyJoy, which tasted delicious by the way.


On the race day itself, we started off even before the sky is lit. It's really early in the morning and there's no public transport yet. So many racers took a cab there.


I was in the 5 km competitive run. This is my first time joining a competitive and I was rather nervous - afraid that I might end up being the last to cross the finishing point.

The route was rather smooth and there wasn't much congestion except for that small area whereby we run up the bridge near the Singapore River. We were running on the road (they cordoned it off) which I thought was really cool. The road was divided into 2 and it got a bit crammed there. But one thing I noted was that even though it was crammed and many runners slowed down, none of them stopped to walk. We all did a slow jog and this is what I feel is the runner's spirit!

The rest of the road was rather flat. And the return road was back to where we came so basically, we just made a U-turn and ran back on the other side of the road.


I finished with a timing of about 40 mins, which is slower as compared to my training timing but I guess it was because of the small little human jam in front and that I stopped for a drink of water :P

Oh and something worth mentioning, there were several portable toilets found alongside the running route which I felt was really thoughtful of them.

The race ended without much hiccup and I got my finisher shirt and medal. There was a carnival going on at our finishing point at kallang stadium. I visited all the booths and stopped for a picture (above) and got it printed out for me. The photo is printed on a piece of card which you can bring it home as a souvenir. The printing process was rather fast and the queue was always short. Besides, this printing service is free! So why not right?

Overall, I really enjoyed my time there at this run. I especially love the finisher's tee! It's so beautifully designed that I can't wait to wear it for my camp/school.

Whether this run is value for money? I think it's okay (I paid $40) considering I got a singlet, a tee and a shoe bag... But honestly, I was hoping for more in the race pack.

Comments

Popular Posts