New Balance Run 2015

Hey! So it's been a while since I updated my blog.. have been really busy with school work and all but I have a few run updates for you guys.
On 24 October 2015, Saturday, I went to Garden by the Bay East for this New Balance Run. It was slightly hazy that day, so instead of a competitive run, it turned into a walk. Was rather disappointed at first but I know it was because of health concerns that they changed the rules.

But anyways, let me show you guys the race pack first! It was collected a week before (I think) at Sota, School of the Arts! It's a tote bag with our run tee and also the race tag. Nothing much really. But the race tee is of great quality! As you would have expect from New Balance (obviously! hahaha)

So here's the starting point. I was queuing rather behind because despite of the change in event from a competitive run to a non-competitive walk, there are still gates catered to those with different fitness level. I chose the last one though (for those who would complete it >30mins). I mean even if I ran non-stop, I wouldn't have completed it within 30mins! I'm still training, although to be honest, I've stopped training for a few months because of the busy school schedule. But I'm really looking forward to the hols when I can lace up my running shoes again!


So, here's the start point! The race pathway was rather narrow. A little bit to your side and you would have hit someone, which in my opinion makes running so much harder now. We ended up using hand signals to signal to the runners behind if we wanted to change lanes because if not, many collisions would have happened. The run doesn't feel very freeing and rather it was a slight bit crammed.

The challenging part is at the Marina Barrage where we had to run up slope. It was extremely tiring! I tried to keep my pace constant as I made my way up, thinking to myself that I would be able to rest while on the way down but I guess because of my lack of training and stamina, I couldn't even reach the top without feeling completely out of breath. I had to stop and rest while up the barrage. The view up there was really nice and soothing for my disappointment I had with myself.

The turning back point was at Gardens by the Bay near the domes. We double backed to where we came from and thankfully we didn't have to climb up the slope again. The race ended at the 6km mark where we receive our medals and a can of 100plus (my favourite!) and off we head to the race village!

The race village has lots of stuff! Which is no wonder our race pack contained so little freebies because it's all here in the race village! There's free hot dogs, popcorn, candy floss, fries and popsicles! Just to name a few. And the best part is they provide free printing service for the photos we take during the run! I love this the most as I can bring this home as a momento.

Stayed at the race village for quite a while, queuing for this and that before heading for the free shuttle service that brought us back to Kallang MRT station. I was really thankful for the free shuttle service as Garden by the Bay East is not very convenient for most people. We didn't have to queue long before we board the shuttle either! Which is definitely a plus point for this event.

But all in all... this race event was still okay.. although the race village had lots of free food, it's not enough to make me want to sign up for this run again. I guess it was because of the running experience... where so many runners had to squeeze within such a narrow route. 

Comments

Popular Posts