Psychics and Auras

Lethal Outlook by Victoria Laurie

So yesterday, I just finished this book titled Lethal Outlook by Victoria Laurie. As I've mentioned in one of my previous posts (and I'm still going to mention it today) is that I'm a really big fan of Victoria Laurie. I'm currently saving up so that I can buy every single one of her books in the Psychic Eye and Ghost Hunter Series so that I can have a book marathon - reading all her books in sequence.

She recently published a new book titled 'When'. The story is about a girl named Maddie Fynn who has an intuitive ability to see the death dates of everyone hovering above their foreheads. She later gets involved in a homicide investigation, where more young people disappeared and later murdered. Maddie became one of the suspects of this case and also a target of the murderer.

Victoria Laurie's stories in the Psychic Eye Mystery often followed a similar plot. Abby somehow gets involved in an investigation -> get into trouble with the authorities -> becomes a target for the bad guy (murderer, psycho, etc.) -> makes it out alive for the next story.

Even though the stories might be similar, I still totally enjoy all her stories. Mainly because there were several plot twists within the stories and very often, you are unable to guess who the real bad guy really is until the last few chapters. Sometimes the bad guy is only revealed in the last chapter whereby all the action is. And before reaching that last chapter and eyeing the thinning pages at the back, I often wonder whether the story can wrap up in time before the books end. There are also times whereby I would flip to the last page to make sure that Abby did not die during the process of the investigation. Haha so as you can see, I have totally developed feelings for her. She is just like one of my friends now and I do not want anything bad to happen to her.

And to be honest, after reading so many books on Abby, I started to get really curious about all these psychic stuff. Like how come Abby can here all these warnings in her head and how can she just pluck some information out of the ether and also feel out whether something is correct or not. All these amaze me and I got out and bought a book about being a psychic. I also did a lot of  some research on the internet.

From what I have read, it says that everyone can see auras. You just have to relax and look. The area where it is most obvious will be above the head and the shoulders. It was also stated that when you are trying to look at auras, look through the area above the head/shoulders instead of looking at it. 

I have been trying this out (staring into the mirror and pictures) a few days but I did not really see any colours other than some white and many after images. My eyes then get really tired and I feel a little dejected. Trying to look at auras required some practice but I often wonder whether it is really true that everyone can see it and that you just have to try hard enough.

Other than that, the book also mentioned about techniques on meditating and communicating with your own spirit guides. And it was mentioned that everyone too have their own spirit guides by their side and are there to protect them. This somehow made me feel safe, like someone is always by my side to protect me.

I also kept a journal about all my hunches (as recommended by the book) and was actually amazed at how many times my intuition got it right when I reviewed the book after writing in it for a few days.

Getting in touch with your intuitive side is like a spiritual journey whereby I am willing to embark on. And I can't wait to see what the amazing benefits and surprises this journey has to offer me.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts