Race Review: The Performance Series 5/5 (Kranji farm/countryside)

The last installment of The Performance Series Race 5 was held at Kranji farm. It was considered as a countryside and is definitely different from the usual runs in the busy districts of Singapore.

I reached there in the early morning and the air there was significantly different. It felt more refreshing and the place was much quieter with only the crunching sounds of the gravel underneath the shoes of the runners walking towards the start pen.

The 10 km race was not split into different waves this time round and as a result, the number of runners that were to be flagged off together increased. Not only was it extra crowded that day, the flag-off time was delayed as a result of a downpour earlier that day. Many of the runners were still stuck at the MRT stations waiting for the shuttle buses. The situation felt a little chaotic to be honest but everyone tried to be understanding and no one complained. Yay runners!

The race flagged off and very soon, we were met with our first uphill battle. I didn't think I would meet an up-slope so early in the race though. But hey! It's the beginning and I was full of energy. Besides, if there is an up-slope now, that means there will be a down-slope on the other side!
And sure enough, there is! (Thankfully! because I already felt a bit winded upon reaching the top)

The rest of the race carried out without much issue. The running route was rather broad most of the time except for some parts but that was still acceptable. Other than that, everything went on smoothly.

I completed the race and received my final piece of medal to complete my whole collection. It is now when I can finally piece my Singapore map using all the 5 medals collected from this series!


TA-DA! (and I framed it)

I felt so proud looking at this collection! It's a reminder of all the hard work I have put in for this series and definitely serves as a form of motivation to continue running.

For all of you who have missed this series and am regretting it, fret not! Because the organizer have decided to conduct another running series this year in 2017! (Yayyyyyyyy)
Here's the link from my favourite running portal justrunlah! Performance series 2017
Be sure to sign up for it!

Cheers :)

Comments

Popular Posts