New yoga practice (my recommendation)

I've always wanted to try yoga but I was always intimidated by all the yoga twist and turns those yogis do to their bodies. They could all twist like a pretzel.

A few months back, I found a video named "yoga for dummies". It was a really good video for yoga beginners. It's not too demanding but yet presents a challenge for us. However, the thing is that there is only one video for beginners under this dummy series and it can get really boring doing this same video over and over again. Very quickly, I've lost the motivation to get on the mat.

Recently, I chanced upon a video titled "30 days of yoga with Adriene" on YouTube. This is a title of a series of videos by Adriene, a yoga practitioner. In her introductory video, she promised a full playlist of 30 different yoga videos for a total of 30 days, which means there will be one video uploaded each day! This got me really excited and I decided to sign up for it. Signing up to this 30 days of yoga entitled me to a free 30 days calender and an email everyday consisting of the link to that day's video. I'm already on day 7 and I am still committing myself to this yoga routine. I have confidence that I can continue for the next 23 days.

I am sure many of you have heard about the benefits of yoga and so do I. Practising yoga myself have allowed me to experience these benefits first hand and I am able to tell you that, yes, you indeed will gain flexibility and strength through yoga practise. The great thing about yoga in my opinion is that it settles you down, making you feel more relaxed and at the present. It is really nice to allocate a time slot everyday in your busy schedule for a little relaxing me-time. I assure you that you will soon come to appreciate this me-time and you will look forward to coming to the mat everyday. Not only can you feel more connected to your inner thoughts and feelings, you can also feel more refreshed after the practice and ready to take on the world!

Whenever I introduce yoga to my friends and family, the most common respond I get is that they feel that they are not flexible enough and that their bones might break. But no! Your bones will NOT break. In yoga, you try to do the poses as best as you can but you don't strain yourself. There is no challenge in yoga. In yoga, you just do what feels comfortable for you. You do a little everyday and before you know it, your whole body wellness will improve. Just try the video for the first day! You can always stop whenever you feel like it. It's totally up to you, but I'll urge you to go through with it. It's really beneficial. Not for me, but for you! So here's the link to the great series of videos I've been using for my yoga practise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBu-pQG6sTY

If after watching this first video and you feel really motivated and you want to continue, go to this link: http://yogawithadriene.com/30days/
Come on and join in the yoga community! :)

Comments

Popular Posts